Area: 147,181 Sq. km.
Location: located between China in the north and India in the east, west and south.
Language: Nepali is the national language; although English is spoken by the travel – trade people.
Religion: Nepal is a secular country with major dominance of Hindu and Buddhism.
Currency: Nepalese Rupee
Political System: Federal Democratic Republic
Climate: winter (December-February), spring (March-May), Summer (June-august), Autumn (September-November), Monsoons (June till mid-September)
What to wear: light weight clothing is recommended from May through October. Warm garments are required in October-march. A raincoat or an umbrella for the rainy season.
Some Do’s & Don’ts
• “NAMASTE” is the general form of greeting and is performed by joining palms together
• Seek permission first before entering Hindu temples since many Hindu temples don’t allow westerns to enter.
• Before entering a Nepalese home , temple or Stupas remember to remove your shoes
• While travelling, dress appropriately. Women should especially avoid dressing in skimpy outfits.
• Avoid kissing and hugging in public since it’s taken as offence in most of the parts of the nation.
• Prefer eco-friendly journeys. Encourage porters, trekking staffs and other traveller around to save and promote environment.